Saturday, August 27, 2011

Teachers, I Give A Care.


(Note to readers. I wrote this months ago and have just transferred this to my Just Saying page)

I don't know a lot about all of this stuff, what I do know is that our government misspends, and mishandles money. They are the ones who should take responsibility for the mess we are in. In California they have found that over the last two years our government has spent 7.2 million on "gifts", like key chains and other ridiculous items to give out for the heck of it! They are referred to as SWAG - Stuff We All Get! (Isn't that cute) Our new governor is removing that from the "budget". Pahleez. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are many other areas where they can cut back without tapping into teachers and other hardworking, much needed and underpaid individuals.

My daughter- in- love, nephew and aunt are teachers. And I have a few friends that are teachers too. They are honest, hardworking people. These highly educated individuals have invested much time and money in earning their degrees, and they truly care about their classrooms. They are ALWAYS working. They bring it home, they grade papers and plan assignments well into the evening after their own kids are in bed, and I watch them on soccer fields doing the same. That's not to mention, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Back to School Night, Open House and concerts they must attend.

I think it was Thursday or Friday when I heard John of "John and Ken" imply that the teachers striking in Madison were doing so because, in his words, "They don't give a crap about your kids!". I was outraged! I thought to myself, we (some of the people and the government)  are the ones who don't give a crap otherwise we would treat and pay them like they were doing something we value!!! I could go on- and- on but suffice it to say, I support any drastic measures teachers (not unions) but teachers take.

Just Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment