Sunday, April 21, 2013

Good Mercy Everyone!

The sun shone bright, the morning tasks accomplished without a hitch.  The day held much promise, and the park was calling out my name. It was then, while  trotting around the green with sweet little Chloe Lu that I stepped into a hole and twisted my ankle. I went down in pain and was unable to get up.

Now,  Chloe Lu is two years old, and honestly I had concern that should she take off running I would not be able to catch-up with her (at this point I could hardly move). But Chloe didn’t run - nor did she leave me behind. Instead, this little angel, with whom I get to weekly share my love,  immediately took to my side, cupped her knees with her hands, and stooped to make sure I was okay.

 “You okay?”
"Not really", I said.
“ You okay?”
To which I replied, "I'll be fine, I just need a minute."
And again, “You okay?”
"Not quite yet sweet thing, but I will be."

Waiting patiently, never hurrying me, Chloe squatted by my side and watched until I was able to stand up. When I did finally take to my feet, she took my finger in her hand and together we walked to the play area. Well, she walked. I hobbled.

What a beautiful picture of God’s Love.

You see, God does call us to be strong and of good courage, but He goes before us.

He does ask us to be doers of the Word, and not just hearers, but His still small voice leads us.

We are going to stumble, in word, thought and deed, but be assured of this one thing – Our God of mercy isn’t going anywhere.

In fact - the truth is -  He will immediately take to your side and patiently wait while you muster the strength it might take to get back up.

 Hugs and Blessings,
Jodi
"They (His mercies) are new every morning!" - Lam 3:23
 




4 comments:

  1. Very good analogy! Isn't it wonderful that God never runs out of mercy? New every morning, indeed.

    We'll have to share twisted ankle stories. Painful and annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good, yes! I saw your post about twisting your ankle but haven't read yet. Will do later this evening.

      Delete